Bring completed forms and cheques to the Layritz Little League Clubhouse during our registration events on January 28 & 29 between 1pm-4pm and February 4&5 between 1pm-4pm.
New Residency Requirements for 2017
Welcome to all our New and Returning families!
This season there are a few changes to the residency verification process so please read the following carefully in order to ensure that we can register your player(s) at Layritz Little League for the 2017 Season.
ALL players will be required to complete a new Player Registration Form – please complete the form online and print before attending registration.
ALL new players will be required to bring their birth certificate to registration to verify age.
Blastball players are not subject to catchment restrictions and may register at any park offering the Blastball Program. However, Little League programs from Tee-ball and up are subject to catchment rules and playing Blastball at Layritz Little League will not give non-catchment players the opportunity to “grandfather” into the Tee-ball program.
All players Tee-Ball and up please review the following additional Residency Requirements:
1. Players must either live in catchment, attend an in catchment school, have a valid II(d) waiver in place, OR, lived or attended school in catchment during the 2016 season – NO EXCEPTIONS.
2. If a player(s) lived or attended school in catchment last season and has now moved out of catchment or changed to an out of catchment school a Form II(d)MUST be completed and submitted at registration. The completed Form II(d) will be reviewed by the league president who will then present it to be reviewed and signed by the District Administrator before the player can be cleared to play at Layritz LL.
3.All players claiming in catchment status based on school enrollment MUST complete a new School Form – copies of school report card will no longer be accepted as stand alone proof of enrollment.
Schools in the Layritz Catchment are: (softball players can be from Central Saanich Catchment)
Cordova Bay Elementary, Eagle View Elementary, Lakewood Elementary, Millstream Elementary, Northridge Elementary, Prospect Lake Elementary, Strawberry Vale Elementary
Glanford Middle School, Royal Oak Middle School
4. All families claiming in catchment residency MUST provide 1 documentfrom the following list at registration - document MUST contain the full residence which includes parent(s) or guardian(s) name, street address, city, province and postal code information, dated or in force between February 1, 2016 and February 1, 2017:
1. Driver’s License (photo ID of parent(s) or guardian(s))
2. School records
3. Vehicle records (i.e., registration, lease, etc.)
4. Employment records
5. Insurance documents
**In some cases additional residency documentation will be required.
Players who have previously completed a Player Verification Package in order to compete on an All-Star team can submit the package a proof of residency as long as there has been no change of address or school (which ever was used to confirm eligibility).
Baseball Winter Clinics - Starting Friday Jan 6th
THE PLAYERS SHOULD BE ATTENDING THE LEVEL OF BALL THEY WILL BE TRYING OUT FOR IN 2017.
2017 Minor Baseball - Players born December 2006 - January 2009
2017 Major Baseball - Players born December 2004 - January 2007
Fri Jan 6th at Pearkes Fieldhouse 6:00 to 7:30pm...2017 Minors BB 7:30 to 9:00pm...2017 Majors BB
Sat Jan 21st at Commonwealth Rec Ctr 3:00 to 4:30pm...2017 Minors BB 4:30 to 6:00pm...2017 Majors BB
Fri Jan 27th at Pearkes Fieldhouse 6:00 to7:30pm...2017 Minors BB 7:30 to 9:00pm...2017 Majors BB
Feb dates will be added soon.
ALL COACHES ARE ENCOURAGED TO BRING A GLOVE AND HELP OUT TO MAKE IT A GREAT EXPERIENCE FOR THE KIDS.
It's Official - 2020 Little League Canadians to be Hosted at Layritz!
Little League BC has determined the 2020 Canadian Tournament will be held in Victoria at Layritz Park!!!
We need: Sponsors, comittee members, volunteers, and billets.